HERE'S WHAT WE ARE OFFERING THIS SUMMER:
- Each summer workshop is a week long 9-12p M-F.
- We are offering each program twice in the summer so you have more options!
- Our Sessions begin June 19 & ends August 25.
- No registration fee
- All supplies are included
- Workshop T-Shirt for your child (additional shirts can be purchased for $10)
- Each workshop will end the week with a student showcase
- Guest Speakers from local professonals!
The Abney's has open its doors beyond Magic and into a series of performing arts and science enrichment programs to launch their new STEAM Zone Educational Program. That's right! In the last two years, we have done much research, studying, and testing to develop a performing arts and science program to our community. Here's what we did!
- The Abney's went back to school to formally study Theater Arts and Music to bring music and acting techniques from College Professors and Renowned Artists to our local community.
- With this, we have also done our own self development through auditions and performances.
- MJ played a lead role in the SWC Production of Godspell and has performed Jazz, Gospel, and Classical shows at SWC, December Nights, and Mira Costa Jazz Festival.
- Patrick has been recognized by San Diego's very own Ruff Yeager (Founder of Roustabouts) for his performance in short monologues and dialogues.
- We field tested our new Junior Scientist Program with 25 students from Inspire Charter. This program is a hands-on project based workshop that explores scientific discoveries and critical thinking through group projects and scientific methods.
- We are learning and growing with STEAM - investing in seminars and workshops to learn about the STEAM concept and provide an enrichment program modeled after it!
ABOUT THE STAFF:PATRICK ABNEY MARYJO ABNEY BRENDON ABNEY